From the misty, pine-covered hills of the Pacific Northwest hail the Bridge City Sinners, who span the continuum from prohibition era jazz to Appalachian death folk. This traditional string band line up bends the meaning of the word genre, playing festivals from Punk Rock Bowling, to Muddy Roots, to Oregon’s Bluegrass String Summit. They started their journey by busking on sidewalks across the country and now this supergroup of musicians find themselves on the national tour circuit. The Sinners still hold true to the DIY mentality of putting albums out on a self made record label, Flail Records. With talented musicianship and a punk as f***! live show, this is one band you don’t want to miss.
All tickets are final sale and cannot be exchanged or refunded. In the case of an event cancellation without a rescheduled date, a full refund will be issued to each patron on the credit card used to purchase. By purchasing a ticket to this event, you agree to this purchase policy. Before purchasing your tickets, we urge you to confirm the title, time and location of the event.Important notice re COVID-19: Please note any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed while in attendance at an event. By attending this event you are assuming risk and releasing Bossanova Ballroom / Bossanova LLC from any liability. A ticket is a revocable license and may be taken up and admission refused upon refunding the purchase price appearing hereon and is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation. Holder of a ticket (“Holder”) voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which a ticket is issued whether occurring prior to, during, or after same, including, but not limited to, contracting, and/or spreading the COVID-19 virus, and agrees that the organization, venue, presenter, agents, participants, or artists are not responsible or liable for any injuries, sickness, or death resulting from such causes. Holder acknowledges that the COVID-19 pandemic remains a threat to individual and public health, COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease transmitted through human contact and respiratory droplets (including through the air and via common surfaces) and it is possible that Holder may contract COVID-19 while at the event for which a ticket is issued. Holder agrees by use of a ticket not to transmit or aid in transmitting any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the event to which this ticket is issued. Breach of the foregoing will automatically terminate this license. Holder agrees that the license comprised by a ticket may be removed and Holder may be ejected from the event for which a ticket is issued in the event that Holder violates any law, ordinance, or venue regulation. Holder grants permission to the organization sponsoring the event for which a ticket is issued to utilize Holder’s image or likeness in connection with any video or other transmission or reproduction of the event to which a ticket relates.
Music, art and community is what we are dedicated to at Bossanova Ballroom. Our staff, whom we consider family, are valuable to us and to the culture of Portland and the community as a whole. Concerts and events are now impossible due to the widespread ramifications of COVID-19 and stay at home orders in our state and city.
We hope will be back to business as usual soon, but to ensure the health and longevity of our family of staff we will be closed until such time that we can provide safety and security for all of us.
The impact to the live music and events industry, and specifically independent promoters and venues, is unprecedented. This includes the full time and part time core Bossanova staff.
We look forward to continuing to bring you live music and events as soon as we safely can, and now ask for your help in providing some measure of help to our Bossanova employees in this time of crisis.
100% of the net proceeds will go directly, evenly divided, to support our core Bossanova family including: bartenders, production crew and box office teams. The link is in our bio.
Thank you in advance for your support.
From all of us at Bossanova:
Stay safe Portland. We are all in this together.
To the Bossanova's valued patrons, performers, vendors and the Portland Community:
As a Community Event Space, the Bossanova Ballroom takes the safety and security of our patrons, performers, vendors and employees very seriously. In following with the guidance and directives put forth from the State of Oregon and the CDC, we would like to keep you apprised of the steps that we are taking to make sure everyone remains safe. We are also trying to be practical and attempt to provide continued employment to our employees and entertainment to our community. Here is what is happening at the Bossanova Ballroom:
1) We have reduced our overall capacity to allow us to exceed the required social distance between patrons for public gatherings. This reduction will allow us to EXCEED the social distance requirements put forth by the State of Oregon and the CDC. We encourage ALL patrons and employees to practice proper social distancing.
2) We have installed additional hand sanitizing stations within the Bossanova and they will be located outside of the bathrooms and inside the front door for use of all patrons. Please use them and make sure you wash your hands.
3) We are canceling/rescheduling all events that would not be able to meet our lowered capacity numbers. All previously purchased tickets will be honored for the rescheduled shows.
4) We are adding additional staff during those events that we do continue to hold. They will be tasked with cleaning and disinfecting surfaces continually throughout the event.
5) All our staff are being trained to recognize outward signs of illness and they will NOT allow entry of anyone they feel presents with these symptoms. We emphatically ask any patron who is, or feels they may be ill with ANY type of cold or illness, to stay home. Please respect those around you and STAY HOME. Get better and join us down the road.
6) All employees, vendors and performers will be screened on the day of any event and will not be allowed to work, deliver or perform if they have illness. Bossanova Ballroom will provide paid sick time to any employee who is ill during this period.